Bonnie + Camille Scrap Challenge

Following on the footsteps of my previous post, is the second half of a challenge to sew with swapped fabrics sent from my friend, Maja.  She had purchased a scrap bag that contained a variety of Bonnie & Camille fabric scrappy cuts and she spilt it with me. Then we challenged each other to make whatever we wanted with those scraps and to share a finished project before the end of 2017!
 

Sewing with scraps is something I really enjoy - however the challenge for me in this swap was to come up with a way to use them in a more "controlled" scrappy design. 

Mini Nines to the rescue! This is a fun block to make with scraps and the pattern can be found in Amanda Jean Nyberg's book, No Scrap Left Behind.


Working with the scrap strips and pieces that Maja sent, I added in a few pieces from my scrap stash to complete the nine patch blocks - there wasn't enough in the swapped scraps for me to completely frame a nine patch, so I improvised! 


This sweet table runner is backed in a solid red that shows my loopy free motion quilting and then I bound it in a Bonnie & Camille fabric from my stash.


Once all the blocks were made and laid out, I decided to add more scraps to frame the ends (and add a little extra length to the table runner). 


It was a fun challenge and a happy finish!

Linking up my happy little finish with Amanda Jean and friends, at Crazy Mom Quilts, for Finish it up Friday!

Comments

  1. Katherine, your runner looks bright and cheerful. Great job with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one cheerful tablerunner . . . love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these sweet colors, your runner is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job both with the challenge and the quilt. My mini nines have been in the base construction stage since right after I got the book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! on your last-minute finish for the year. It is sure to cheer up any room!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!