Fabric Stories


I have mentioned my love of scrappy patchwork, which also means I'm reluctant to part with even the smallest bits of fabrics. They hold magical potential!  Sewing those tiny pieces together to make one of a kind blocks is something I love to do.  I let the scraps lead me in terms of the order I sew them and the design that develops.  I think of it as telling story in fabric!
 
 
Part of my fabric storage organization is having containers to place the smallest scraps. This makes it easier for me to sew scrappy blocks whenever the mood strikes. Lately, the container with my low volume fabric scraps has been put to use as leader - enders as I work on other projects (such as my Sewcial Bee Sampler blocks).
 


Those scrappy bits of patchwork are slowly adding up and are destined to be made into something larger or perhaps even several finishes! My mind is bubbling with ideas to incorporate these into projects, so don't be surprised if you see some of them popping up fairly soon in some of my makes. ;o)



Comments

  1. Those photos are drool worthy! Need I say more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea. I have just been sewing off onto a random piece of fabric for leaders and enders, but why not sew two random pieces together and ultimately end up with a new block!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your scrappy blocks. I am currently working on a scrap bin challenge and part of that is making fabric out of the tiny pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE low volume, tone-on-tones, shirtings fabrics! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!