Winter blues

My second scrappy finish for the week is another mini tree pillow!  This time in winter blues. :o)
 

The inspiration behind the scrappy mini tree blocks I've been making, comes from my friend, Amanda Jean at  Crazy Mom Quilts (click here for her pattern titled: Trees).





I free motion quilted long loops to mimic tinsel and then outlined the tree .  What fun!
Sticking to a restricted colour palette, simplifies choosing fabrics - even when it's a completely scrappy project.  It's always fun to experiment and I learn something each time - on this one I realize a bit more contrast would have been a good idea. :o)



Totally love finding little bits of fabric to include in the patchwork, making up the design as I go.  Couldn't resist adding a fussy cut Santa's elf too!



 
More loops and some wavy lines for quilting.  Pillows are fun projects for experimenting. ;o)

Just like the red version, this pillow utilized my scrap fabric, scrap batting and scrap binding stashes.  I also used some thrifted corduroy and zipper for the back.  Love how cozy corduroy makes a pillow!  Now to decide what I will make with those remaining mini tree blocks.... ;o)

Meant to be blue and scrappy!


I'm linking up this finish with Amanda Jean and friends at Crazy Mom Quilts for Finish it up Friday!

Have a wonderful weekend and happy stitching!

 

Comments

  1. The tree is pretty subtle and I love all the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that blue background elf running around my stash too! Love this little pillow. So crisp and cool. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, such a pretty snowy winter blue tree pillow! This one can stay out long past the holidays. I love the subtle way the tree quilting helps to define it. Also what fun to search out the bits and bobs of fabrics from previous projects.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! What a great use of scraps. Jingle all the way ; )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now those are blues that you don't have to worry about getting! I agree with Annie - this can (and should!) stay out past the holidays - it's very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so nice! I just love scrappy projects with a limited colour palette. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is adorable! I own that pattern, but haven't made any trees yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that little fussy cut elf... it's such a fun addition to the pillow. I may have to add some of these tree blocks to my to-do list... but next year's to-do list because this year's is way too long as it is... lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh... forgot to mention... I love that you've used the snowmen blocks in your blog banner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! I always love the little extras you include in your piecing and your quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!