Sometimes it's funny how one project will lead to another. Currently, I'm on a mad scrap sewing binge and digging through my scrap containers, I stumbled across pieces I used to make a earlier project (shown here). Those sweet fabric scraps enticed me and the next thing I know, I started sewing blocks. I sewed up all the leftovers and feeling pleased with the results, decided to use these blocks for sewing room projects. First up, a patchwork cover for this machine because the vinyl one it came with is so blah (and still carries the scent of smoke, thanks to it's first owner).
In for a penny, in for a pound... I pulled out the containers holding my 1.5" and 2.5" strips to see if I could find a few more fabrics to use for more block making. Bingo!
|Most of these blocks are made using strips I already had cut and stashed. The finished blocks are 3.5".|
It's pretty obvious that in the intervening years since I first sewed a few of these blocks, that my stash of quilting cottons grew. I love having more fabric choices for a great scrappy mix! However, just like the first time around, I'm pairing up the cottons with white linen that started out as a skirt (one of my thrift store scores that I'm happily repurposing). I decided I would keep making these blocks until there's nothing left of the skirt. I have no idea how many blocks that will give me, but I know it will be more than enough to sew a cover for my serger. ;o)