WIP Wednesday - Getting ruffled

Summer is flying by!  Really, it's been so gorgeous this summer that I could be lulled into thinking it's going to last for ages yet. A visit to the Farmer's Market this weekend clued me on just how far along the season really is.  Time to get canning, in preparation for the coming cold season (dill pickles and salsa are wanted).   Keeping that in mind, I'm trying to finish some summer sewing projects. 
Top of my list? This one.
 
All the fixings for some pretty summer skirts!

Yes, I've been busy ruffling my way through all that fabric to make skirts for a mix-y, match-y look for sisters.


It's fun, but all that ruffling takes time!  It helps that I am smitten with the colours and fabrics, picturing those little girls happily twirling in their new skirts.  Not that I'm signing up to do ruffles again anytime soon after this.  I think this ruffle skirt binge has satiated that craving for a bit. ;o)


Must get back to it, if I want those skirts to be worn before this summer is over.  What are you working on today?

Comments

  1. Not at the sewing machine. The garden is getting ahead of me. Zucchini soup base for the freezer, cucumber soup for lunch tomorrow, stuffed zucchini for dinner tonight.
    Those ruffles are so bright and cheerful. The girls will love their skirts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Almost wish my grand daughter was of the age to wear those girly little skirts again. At 21 and 6'1" we will be making skirts a bit longer, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful colours that look even prettier when they are ruffled! I've been cutting strips for my + and x quilt- I must get it together if I am to make my deadline!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm...with a grand daughter now on the scene, wonder if this is what my future holds. Right now, hoping not, actually, that looks like a LOT of work. So pretty, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwww pretty ruffles for pretty little girly skirts :) My mom used to dress my sister and I in matching outfits. She's older than me by 6 years - you can imagine how happy she was about THAT ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely ruffles, they are perfect! Can hardly wait until you do the skirt reveal.

    Ahhh, canning. Nothing says end-of-summer like scalded fingertips and frizzy hair from canning :)

    Happy sewing and canning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!