Thursday, August 28, 2014

Tutorial: How to sew 8 HST units from 2 squares

Yesterday, I mentioned I have been making more HST for a baby quilt and I gave this link to the chart for making 8 HST units from two squares of fabric. Today, as I was sewing more of them, I thought I would walk you through the process with a step by step, photo tutorial. 
 


 
Here is the link to the chart giving you the breakdown for the size of squares to start with and the size of the 8 HST you will end up with. (I tried to find the original source for this chart but couldn't locate it - if you know it, please let me know and I will happily credit the source).
 
Let me show you just how easy this method of sewing multiple HSTs from 2 fabrics can be...
 










Hope you find this helpful!
What to do with 8 matching HST units?  Here's one idea....

7 comments:

  1. It is such a nifty method, isn't it? Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for sharing!seems quicker.. will have a go next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that technique and will give it a try. Your stars look very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much faster than doing them 1 or 2 at a time - and more accurate, I'd wager!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is my favorite method~
    for the simple star, I usually make 4 flying geese, but I bet this way is quicker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Katherine! Very good! And your Fabrics are beautiful! I haven't tried this - only with two squares so that I sew all around and then cut from corner to corner to get 4 of them. x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great tute! Will certainly give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...