Star gazing

A month ago, I came across leftover half square triangles (HST) and decided to make a few into star blocks.  Since then, I've been mulling over how to use the remaining HST and figure out a suitable layout for those star blocks. 
Of all things, a design idea popped into my head while I was canning salsa. During a canning break, I had to try my idea out.
 

Obviously, I will need to cut some background fabric to fill in the blank spaces around the star, but I think I've found a use for the remaining HST units.



I'm still playing with the idea, but I like where this is heading.  Not certain that some of those HST will stay on the quilt front, but I have no problem making new HST units and shuffling the less workable ones to the back, if I need to. 


Looks like I may have a possible start for a baby quilt!  Perfect timing too, as a lovely young couple we know from work, are expecting their first child (and they're having a girl).  I'll keep "star gazing" and see if I can make a pretty quilt from these.

Comments

  1. Just gorgeous Katherine! You have THE best ideas! Maybe I need to can some salsa!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea, I can't wait to see where this goes. I love those stars and I think the HST will make another very interesting design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks will make a great quilt for a little girl :) The colours are so rich - I want to dip a finger in them (especially the right block on rows 2 & 3!) :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! That's going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh, love how you arranged the HSTs. It makes the stars look like they are twirling in the sky.

    Can hardly wait to see how it progresses!!

    happy canning and sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh NICE! Looks like a good plan!

    Just to let you know, your blog name ROCKS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this idea! The extra HST give the stars so much movement and interest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!