A bit fancy

"She likes bling!"  These were my guiding words for coming up with a birthday gift for one of my young nieces.  Since she also likes playing dress-up,  I thought she might like a fancy little drawstring pouch to tote her treasures.
 

Everything I needed was found in my stash. Sequin fabric from long ago sessions of making (rainforest bright) frog stuffies for my sons and then this long held piece of purple velvet I'd been gifted.
 

I interfaced the velvet, which worked surprisingly well, giving the pouch much needed structure and preventing the velvet from stretching like crazy.  Quilting cotton in pink and purple brightens the lining, while purple ribbon became the drawstrings for closing the pouch.  I even found two miracle beads in purple to add to the ends of the ribbon - adding a touch more bling to the finish.

 
May the princess that holds this pretty pouch enjoy having a place to gather her special treasures and live happily ever after.

Comments

  1. Love it! I have a little neighbor who would totally dig it too. Sparkle for the win! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great idea for two little girls I know. Sparkle is always a hit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! And such a royal colour for the birthday princess!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is that? I love it! Just the perfect amount of bling, I think. She will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's definitely a bag fit for a princess - she'll love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty drawstring bag! She's going to love it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!