Rainbow Connection Craft Case

It's with a smile and a sigh of relief that I'm sharing this finish.  I've mentioned that I was working on designing a gift for someone special, so it gives me great pleasure to finally show you what I was making.
Ta-da....


The Rainbow Connection Craft Case



It's custom made craft storage case for one of my nieces. She apparently has the "crafty" gene. ;o)  No surprise then that I had an idea she might like a Rainbow Loom for her birthday.  If you're at all familiar with a Rainbow Loom, you know that it comes with several components, which I think means it needs a pretty case to keep from losing parts (besides, who wants to keep it stored in the original packaging as the manufacturer suggests?  Bleh.)

Simple, but customized storage for the Rainbow Loom and other crafty bits.

My design for the case, is obviously, similar to a suitcase, as I thought this would be the easiest means of keeping things in their place without the risk of anything falling out in transit.

All fabrics are from Patty Young's Textured Basics line.  You know me and polka dots. ;o)
Inside I've added two zippered clear vinyl compartments in the lid of the case (which can store the loom's hook, clips and rubber bands while keeping them in full view), while the loom itself has it's own hidden compartment in the base of the case.

Just lift the velcro secured flap...

Check out my little labels on the flap of the loom storage compartment!  Love the fussy cut label on the left and the "Handmade with love by" stamp for the label on the right.  Easy to make and add a special touch.
to uncover the compartment that holds the loom.
Ta-da!

The Rainbow Loom is kept safe in it's own compartment.
I'm sure my niece will have other crafty goodies she will want to corral, so besides the Rainbow Loom and all its accoutrements, there's still some storage space inside, along with the two pockets on the outside of the case.

I can picture her having a good time making bracelets with the loom for herself and her friends, never having to worry where her supplies are. That's the hope anyways. ;o)

I'm so happy with how this idea turned out and I couldn't resist adding one more special touch to the back of the case.  Some bunny love. ;o)

Back view of the Rainbow Connection Craft Case

I'm linking up this week's special finish with Amanda Jean and friends over at 
 for
 Finish it up Friday
and
  with  Lindsey and friends 
for
Fort Worth Fabric Studio Blog

Comments

  1. You are so clever! This is a professional bag! It is so pretty!
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are clever indeed, but we already knew you are, didn’t we! Such a pretty and fun suitcase for you niece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really are SO clever Katherine! Are you sure there isn't a magazine somewhere that wouldn't want to feature this? It's fantastic! Your niece with adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so well made and very professional looking. I can see a market for this. ;) Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Katherine I wish you were my auntie!!!
    I´m turning green with envy now!
    Fantastic little suitcase and in lovely fabrics!!!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little suitcase is gorgeous and such pretty fabrics. My twin granddaughters have the rainbow loom and they love it. Your niece will be delighted with her gift. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! How long did it take to make?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic case Katherine! Your niece will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty sweet little case, but it looks intense to make!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has got to be the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time. AND you designed it AND made it without making a prototype first. I am so impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a fantastic gift! My niece just got a rainbow loom for Christmas. She would love that.

    *and your blog name is fabulous!

    - Katelyn @ Sing While Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love the shape of this and the fabrics you picked are PERFECT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's wonderful! Pretty and useful, too. Are you going to write up a pattern for this and put it on Craftsy?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Not only is this practical, it goes beyond adorable. I love the rabbits. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow,wow,wow!!! Katherine, this case is so amazing. I hope you consider making a pattern, I'll be the first to line up.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow,wow,wow!!! Katherine, this case is so amazing. I hope you consider making a pattern, I'll be the first to line up.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cool idea! I like all the little extra details you added.

    I've seen those looms... they are all the rage right now. She's going to love the case!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I too am hoping you will write up a pattern.....

    ReplyDelete
  19. My son is obsessed with his rainbow loom, He (aka ME) makes a new bracelet every day, he picks the color and design and then he hands me the "dead" bands as he has them fight while I make the bracelet. You did a beautiful job on the case.

    ReplyDelete
  20. That is adorable and so practical and useful! I would say I want to make one, but I think that is a bit out of my range at the moment! I am working on a travel sewing kit using a book cover. Hope it turns out as good as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is serious perfection - you need to draft the pattern and get it listed in your Craftsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So cute! It turned out really well - looks like something you could buy in a store, but better because it's got the sweet little touches like the bunnies.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow, this turned out amazing! I love the design and all of the fabric and little extras you added. Is this going to be a pattern one day?

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lost for words! This is just amazing! Perfect gift x

    Btw, this post came at just the right time for me - Anwen's been asking me to buy her hair bands that she can make bracelets from - I had no idea what she was talking about - now I do. Diolch x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow, you've outdone yourself! What a clever little case! You did such a wonderful job. I am sure she is going to love this!

    Thank you for linking up to Fabric Frenzy Friday!
    -Lindsey
    Fabric Frenzy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  26. Absolutely incredible! What an attention to detail, and your chosen fabrics work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Pattern please! This is stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is awesome! I am currently using the some of the same fabrics in a duffle bag for my granddaughter! I agree you need to make a pattern for this!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!