Oh, colour, oh!

Have you read about the quilt along that Katy is hosting?
Never one to want to pass up the chance for some quilting fun with friends, I've joined in. ;o)
The quilt we'll be making is Rachel's pattern, Impromptu.
I've purchased the PDF version of her pattern and have started auditioning fabrics.
 
 
 
This pattern works beautifully for layer cakes, but I've decided to use some treasured charms that a sweet friend gave me. 
 
 
As if that isn't enough colour, I've also selected a yellow text fabric for the background.  You may laugh, but I am feeling pretty excited and a wee bit nervous about this first foray into using text fabrics on such a large scale. Fingers are crossed and deep breaths are being taken. ;o)

 
Besides those charms, some 10" squares are needed for the blocks, so I'm pulling colour.... and more colour from my stash to fulfill that fabric requirement. Whew.  Seems pretty adventurous using so many bright choices.  LOL
I'm still auditioning, so not sure which of these will make the final cut.  I wonder how long I will hold out before the cutting begins. ;o)  I can't wait to get started!
 
If you want to join in, and make a lovely quilt along with us,
 hop on over to Katy's blog for all the details.
 
 
Oh, I have happy news!   It seems I got lucky with my guess - I now have a sweet, beautiful baby niece, so my Cherry Blossoms Baby Quilt  only needs a quilt label before I send it off to her (something similar to the label I made for this quilt for her sister). 


Comments

  1. Congrats on the new niece! Being an aunt is so much fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colour choices! I've been debating joining along with this one; it's such a great pattern. And congrats on the niece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your sweetie niece!!!! All those colors, OMG!!!!!!!! hugs Baukje

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to newborn baby! Your fabrics are so beautiful and happy - they will surely be amazing quilt! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the yellow text background. Inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on a new baby niece! What a great quilt to give to the new baby.
    Your selection of fabrics are wonderful, the background will calm them a bit and I like the text fabric a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the charms you've chosen and I love your choice of the text print for your background fabric.

    Quite a while ago, I used a text print for the background of my disappearing nine patch quilt top and I loved how it turned out.
    http://www.supermomnocape.com/2011/03/23/disappearing-nine-patch-quilt-top-is-finished/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh and congratulations on your new baby niece!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the new niece! What a pretty quilt you'll create with those squares.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on the the little baby girl. Beeing a aunt is nice as you already know, I think.
    I just have to comment on your fabric - again!!!
    Love, love, love them!!!
    Stor kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  11. I used the Oh Cherry Oh charm pack for a quilt a couple of years ago and it was one of the nicest quilts I've made. Look forward to seeing yours :o)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!