Kitchen scraps and leftovers

 Hot on the heels of finishing some potholders, I've made another scrappy finish for my kitchen.
 
 Bold and bright scraps were selected in oranges and pinks. I randomly stitched fabric strings and bits onto a foundation fabric,


 
until I had a piece large enough. 
 
Checking to make sure my patchwork  is large enough for the pattern piece.
 Then I went on to quilting it, making a back and inside for the oven mitt.
 
The colourful patchwork is the top for one oven mitt.
 
 
 
I did it all a second time...


 
and love the results!
 

Looking at my new oven mitts, I want to go bake something, just so I can use them. ;o)
 
 
 New oven mitts and new potholders - all from scraps.   I'm all set for kitchen duties!
 
Reverse side of oven mitts are made from cut-offs from the quilt backing from my Orange Twirl quilt.  Leftovers never looked so good! ;o)

Comments

  1. They are almost to pretty to use! Lovely scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, Katherine! I love the oranges and pinks. I'd love to be looking at those in my kitchen...but not using them...only because I hate to cook. But IF I DID like cooking, I'd like it even more with those mits to use!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The oven mitts turned out beautiful! You definitely have to bake something so that you can try them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Katherine! If I had so beautiful and happy oven mittens I would love to cook! Couldn't be any better! Have a great cooking and baking week! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are perfect and shows us that you have had a lot of fun in your sewingroom lately!!!
    I just L O V E them!!!
    Great pieces of Scrap Art!!!
    Stor Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  6. The last few months I seem to be getting a thing for orange, it's such a happy colour. The oven mitts are great, even better that they are made out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last few months I seem to be getting a thing for orange, it's such a happy colour. The oven mitts are great, even better that they are made out of scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, functional and cheerful! Better than store bought. Happy Baking...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seriously gorgeous oven mitts, but I wouldn't use them because they are too pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you can bake a cake ready for my arrival!

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is awesome usage of leftovers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!