Monday, March 18, 2013

A few more

crazy 9 patch blocks for the quilt I'm making for my husband have been finished - blocks which add in some new fabrics to the previous mix of oranges.  I even tucked in another chocolate brown fabric (courtesy of Flea Market Fancy - love those posies!). 
 

The dark brown fabrics  are like an oasis in a myriad of orange and I love how they add a little resting place for the eyes.

 
 
 All those crazy 9 patch blocks have been united to become a flimsy!  I'm still working on a few others to add to the quilt back and then I'll be all set to begin basting.  Whew.  Another finish is within sight!

5 comments:

  1. Isn't orange such a happy colour? This quilt would make me smile every time I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your quilt. Orange is my favorite color. You are right, the brown is a perfect add.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a great one! Love the brown bits, they add a lot to it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this looks fine!!!
    You are right about the brown bits (fabrics are great and the eyes will have a place to rest).
    Soon you and your hubby will have a orange quilt each!!!
    Kram//Maja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, the brown looks great with it!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...