Friday, April 27, 2012

Diving into the blue...

I've started stitching those blue strips together for my first solids only quilt.  Initially, I thought I might've made a mistake and that all those solids weren't going to pull together, and that I should think about trying a different design for the quilt, but I kept going.  Boy, am I glad I did!
  Here's my first block:



All it took was one look at that block and I changed my mind.  I'm in love.

You'll soon be seeing more of these, I promise, but I better get back to my sewing to make that happen.

Wishing you a lovely Friday (it's all grey and rainy here today, but that's not bothering me one bit... all this rain should get things greening up.  Bring on Spring!).

Happy stitching!


7 comments:

Sandra :) said...

Oh yes, those blues DO look wonderful together!

We had snow here this morning. It was so cold (0C, I think) that I had to put on my winter coat for my walk. BRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Come on spring!!! :D

Amy said...

Wow - great block!! Looks complicated. Very effective!!! I'm behind so this weekend hope to sew Blocks 6, 7 and 8!! Doubt it will happen... but I will TRY!

beth said...

Oh I love it! I want to go make one of these blocks RIGHT NOW!

MB in MI said...

W O W ! Can't wait to see more.
:-)

Baking Soda said...

They look great together! Love the way the stripes are mingling...now... I really like to know how you did that? Can you please show us??

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Looks fantastic!

QuiltNut Creations said...

Such a great block!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...