No time to talk, must sew!

I've got a deadline coming up fast if I want to finish my Orange Twirl quilt in time to enter it into the Tangerine Tango Challenge.  Not completely satisfied with what I had come up with, I chose to put those quilt blocks on hold until I figured out what to do.  I  thought that it might be a good idea if I purchased a few more fabrics to give me some better options.  I placed my order online and my fabric arrived today,


with a surprise.  It seems that a substitution was made for one of my choices.  Can you guess which fabric above was not in my order but was sent as a replacement?  It's pretty, but I won't be using it for this project.

No time to delay, I've already got these new additions pre-washed and once they're finished drying I'll be pressing and cutting and stitching.   I'll be as busy as our local beaver seems to have been....


Check out what he's been making.  Our mild temperatures and mostly snow-free winter has allowed him to keep up his construction efforts, it appears.


I'm going to follow his example and see if I can get this quilt top re-worked.  The seam ripper has already seen some action as you can see below and there's more un-stitching to come. ;o)


I'm looking forward to getting this  jumble of blocks into a finished top!  So I best stop blathering and get sewing. ;o) 



Comments

  1. Wow the quilt top is looking quite stunning and vibrant! guess you won't be using the fabric on the far left with the pink in it? am I right?

    Cath
    Bits 'n Bobs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous colors in your jumbled block. Happy sewing...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck getting it done! It really is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seeing that pink and orange print makes me want to pull out my pink and orange fabbies to make a zipper bag - as soon as my zipper order comes in from Zipit that's what I'm going to do!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!