A few more

I've been stitching up  a few more 5" blocks from my scraps.    These soft pinks/yellows and taupes are more challenging for me than my usual bright colours (you will notice I did include two darker fabrics in browns - afraid it was looking too flat without some stronger colour).  I'm considering redoing the center block so that the fabric for the windows will be more noticeable.  It's a reminder of how important it can be to step back; take a look at fabric combinations before sewing.  Otherwise, you may discover that the contrast that seems apparent when you're close, doesn't exist from further back.  Ahem.

It's been overcast and rainy here, so I think I'll get the crockpot going and I'll have more time today to sit and sew.  What are you/ will you be working on today?

Comments

  1. Ohhhh, I developed a liking for small blocks!! Love your tiny house block!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have just finished the last of a set of cushions for my daughter - you'll see it on my blog tomorrow! The pieces look very tiny on those blocks - I definitely struggle with accuracy that small.

    Pomona x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!