Gifts for my girls

Here's the round-up of handmade gifts I put together for my four nieces. (You remember Barbie's new clothes and the patchwork bags I showed in previous posts.)

 
This is a doll I made using polar fleece (even for her hair!) for my 2 year niece.


This was such an easy doll to make and she's so soft!  I love that her shoes are made from a felted sweater and there is tiny ric rac details on her dress.


 Here's a simple and soft doll for my youngest niece (only 4 months old).  I imagine this doll will see her through teething troubles - don't those hands look about right to chew on? ;o)


Next up is my attempt at making a cat for one of my older nieces.  Using supplies I had on hand, it went well until I began working on its face.  Try as I might, I just couldn't get the expression of a cat.  After re-stitching the mouth a couple of times and clipping the fake fur around the muzzle, I decided to just let it be.


Despite not being satisfied with the job I did on the cat's face, I do like the pattern I used because it really captured the way a cat's body looks.   Hopefully, my niece won't be as critical, and will like  love what I've made! lol


The craft factory has finished up the gift making marathon for this season (whew! just in time).  Now, I'm looking forward to giving these gifts and spending time with my loved ones.

Wishing you all a joyful holiday season! 
PS...I'll be back here in a few days.

Comments

  1. these are all adorable. I know my niece still has the hand knit doll I made her one year.(21 now) Have a great Christmas with your guys and family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh- just catching up! Bloglines changes things and it has gotten me so far behind trying to fix it and catch up! Happy Holidays to you! I love the baby doll for the 4 month old...did you use a pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, I'm catching up too, also due to Bloglines. Doesn't seem to be working for me (like due to my own error).

    I bet your gifts went over very well. I think your cat is wonderful and especially love the way her tail looks too. Quite life like she is. Love the doll for your 2 year old niece, I can see her getting dragged around Everywhere, she's got a great shape (long arms and legs) for being taken on a walk by a 2 year old. What sweet sheep trim on her dress too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This year (Xmas) was a bad year for sewing presents. All my plans went overboard. But you are an inspiration. I love the Kitty!!!! As I am sure your niece did. Good job. I had someone in my life that sewed. I always looked forward to her presents, as I am sure your nieces do.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such beautiful things you do Katherine!

    Wishing you had a Happy Christmas and the New Year 2011 will bring you and Family happiness, peace and health.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!