Checkerboard Journal Cover

This is a gift for a sweet girl I know.  While visiting me, she spotted an abandoned attempt I had made at making a game board using some lively Kaffe Fassett fabrics.  She was ecstatic about the combination and was curious what my intentions were with it.  A month later, upon seeing the patchwork journal cover I made for her mom, we came up with the idea to fashion a journal cover of her own, using that bright checkerboard combination.  Here's a close up of the finished result (I decided to add a trio of fabric flowers complete with seed bead centers to adorn the front of the cover - look close, they're hard to see!).
I had just enough fabric, using fat eighths, to make the front in 1" checkerboard and then found some pretty pencils in the same colourway!
Straight line quilting seemed the best choice with such powerful fabrics.  The variegated thread and "broken glass" quilting design show up best on the solid coloured fabric that forms the back of the journal cover.

I can only imagine what wonderful thoughts and dreams she will fill the pages with.  Happy journalling, Miss Z!

Comments

  1. Miss Z is probably the happiest girl on earth! Great journal cover Katherine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine, this is alovely journal cover..i love the quilting design.. very unique.. :)
    Miss Z, you're such a lucky girl..

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky girl to have seen the fabric and exclaimed how wonderful it is! That is really a good journal cover, vibrant and good to the touch. I like it!
    You are so productive.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!