Simple and easy stuffies for boys

Despite all the dolls I've been making lately, I can make toys for boys too.
Perhaps one of my favourites is this crocodile made from polar fleece.
Frogs turn out pretty fun from polar fleece as well (yes, I know he doesn't exactly have child safe eyes, but my son was past the age of pulling the eyes off his toys when I made this for him... actually he chose these buttons for the eyes).
A lizard made from animal print polar fleece is a novelty - the choice made by my son (and again with the eyes... he exhausted my supply of this style of button when he kept wanting them to be the eyes on the bevy of creatures I made for him).
These stuffies are the easiest kind to make. Simply draw the outline of the creature on paper, pin the paper to your two layers of fabric and stitch on the drawn lines (remembering of course to leave an opening for turning the creature right side out for stuffing). My sons began sewing this way and made some imaginative creatures while building some skills with a fun project. You've got to try this - especially with polar fleece (no fraying and it's every so soft to cuddle).

Comments

  1. Fantastic, I love the crocodile, specially the tooths :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute and cuddly! But still boyish - which is hard to do. And a great way to use up scraps of fleece! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are so cute!
    And good idea to begin sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great softies - I especially love the croc!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little animals. Very cute! I am in BC also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the croc. Excellent fleece, just like real croc skin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. those are soooo cute! and what a great way to use up scraps of polar fleece. my boys would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are adorable! You are so talented.
    I especially like the crocodile.

    Kimberly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That crocodile doesn't look in the mood to be cuddled! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your little boy toys! They are all wonderful creations.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute animals. I'll bet the fleece makes perfect animals too.

    I loved the tiny teddies. My sister makes them. She picks up old minks from the thrift shops (really cheap these days) and makes adorable teddy bears.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love these little animals. I am going to teach my grandchildren a few sewing projects this summer. This has gave me some great ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Animal cuties!!!
    I enjoyed visiting your blog! I do believe you have some of my childhood sheets!!! LOL!!! Kidding!!! Wow do they bring back a memory though!!!
    Happy stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a great idea for getting the kids started sewing! They can draw the shape and sew it into a really cool toy! I love the crocodile!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great idea! I'm want to try some of these...too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Go ahead...say something! Got a question for me? Ask it! I can't wait to hear from you... so start writing... and thanks in advance for letting me know you're sharing in my online adventures. Hugs and happiness to you!